Thursday, November 26, 2009

Beer-Vana

“When nothing else from the past subsists, after people are dead, after the destruction of things, smell and taste alone remain, like souls bearing resiliently, on tiny and almost impalpable drops of their essence, the vast edifice of memory.”

These poignant words appear at the beginning of In search of Lost Time, the eternal if not interminable biographical novel by Marcel Proust.Here the narrator remarks how scents possess such a strong power, unique amongst the senses, to transport you to a time in your past, often formerly forgotten episodes in childhood.
Now why am i quoting this here....may be because i am feeling a bit 'nostalgic'....naaah!!!

Ohh then may be i felt like writing on the 'five human senses'...wot crap???

Then why the heck i am writing...well the reason was simple...I have been guzzling the fluid-thy fraternity calls Beer!!!

So this is a blog after you got drunk?? You may ask....

No sir....I am well in my senses...though the writing may not give the indication...but still I am writing sane!!

Well so where to start...Ahh...there was I...I can see now...
Sitting with friends....with bottles in sight....music thumping my already weak heart....deserted mind....dry soul...
Weekend has arrived...we need to break free...
Okay i am drifting a bit....yeah...a bit.
But then..is this is what i am doing..you are in...they are in..
The music is loud....the soul's cry is lost between the drum beats...
The feets are tapping....when someone inside seems sleeping like a dead...
I raise the mug...Cheers...the folks say...
I take another sip....then another...
Ahh the moment is wonderful...I am blabbering...
You remember those days...and then those...we did that...we used to...
Hey bring some more...
Waiter could You play this request...??
Ahh the feets start again...the mind is lost in false dreams...
I know i am getting drunk...I am not!!
Its the last stages....I wonder what time it is...
Heck..its weekend yaar...forget it!!
I try to look around...hazy eyes...dim lights...flashing...deserted souls...in the corner...
where am i?? lost myself...the guy on weekdays...
This is but ME...the Real one(???)
May be its time...
Adios....goodbyes...the last drop is there somwhere in there...left alone!!
May be i ll leave now...everyone seems finished...no not him...
You done..i ask...Okay??
Yeah...am fine he says in a childish stammer...
I accompany him...hands over shoulder....
Hick...Hick...someone just rememberd you...he says!!
I laugh aloof....lets go Home ....
I just want to sleep....but was this already a dream...
I thought i was living some moments....and I just did!!!
***************************************************
On a lighter note:
"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."~ Dave Barry

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may cause you to tell your friends over and over again that you love them.

And saving the best for last, as explained by Cliff Clavin, of Cheers. One afternoon at Cheers, Cliff Clavin was explaining the Buffalo Theory to his buddy Norm.
Here's how it went:
"Well ya see, Norm, it's like this... A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers."

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may make you think you are whispering when you are not.
So for all my friends out there....agree wid thy state or not...Cheers!!:)

P.S: Heyy did I type that much stuff...really...wen?????

********************************************************

No comments: